Writing Task2023.pdf (162.99 КБ)

Рассказ

Последний измененный
пт, 09/08/2023 - 17:25
writing task2023

The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention

-Oscar Wilde

As he got off the bus, Jamie looked around. There was no one there and he began

to feel a little worried. He always felt this way if nobody was around. Although he was bullied for years in his school, he always loved people and their presence. He was not afraid of them or a sociopath – as his classmates called him. Jamie always helped other people and this day was special for his humanitarian abilities.

As he was walking from the bus stop he heard a scream. It was cry for help from the girl.

‘Please, help me!’  she cried.

Everything turned upside-down inside Jamie. He did not know what to think :whether it is serious or not. Maybe, the reason why the girl is screaming is a robber or a killer… While he was overthinking, the scream dramatically increased and he decided to take measures. As he proceeded he shivered with fear. He always helped elderly women to cross the road or to carry their bags, to search for lost toy for a child. But this was different… The girl screamed more and more, louder and louder. When he finally reached the destination, he saw that it was not as he had expected. The girl stood here crying but neither the robber nor the killer was there. ‘What is it then?’ he wondered.

It turned out to be a simple cat-on-the-tree case.

‘Oh, please, help me’, said the girl when she saw Jamie. He climbed the tree and descended the cat.

When he got home he saw his name in the newspaper

‘COURAGEOUS BOY JAMIE SAVES RAREST CAT’

As he learned after it was species on the verge of extinction and the screaming girl was the president’s daughter. Because of this he became popular in school and everyone started appreciating his acts of kindness and repeated after him. He was happy at the idea of making a new start in his life, and a big smile was  seen on his face. He knew the events of the day would change his life forever.

Последний измененный
вс, 09/10/2023 - 15:20
writing task 2023

A Lucky Guy

The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.

– Oscar Wilde

As he got off the bus, Jamie looked around. There was no one there and he began to feel a little worried... “This street doesn’t look familiar”, he thought. Jamie couldn’t wait for another bus, so he went straight to some houses ahead of him. “Wish I had a house like this, too”, sighed Jamie. He was a very poor guy and sometimes he couldn’t even afford food and water. Even the bus trips were free for him, because the driver was kind and didn’t take money from Jamie. Now Jamie hoped some good people will let him stay for a night.

Finally, Jamie reached one house. He knocked on the door, and after a minute he saw an old man. “Good evening! Why are you here so late at night?”, said the old man. He looked sleepy but friendly. “I’ve missed my bus stop and now I have to sleep somewhere”, answered Jamie. The old man smiled and let Jamie in.

The men drinked tea and talked, and Jamie said: “You’re a very good person. Thank you for being nice to a poor guy like me” The old man replied: “I used to be a poor guy, too. Everyone was sorry for me, but no one helped me when I needed it the most. So now I want no to just support you and let you go, but to act real kindness and help” Then the old man gave something to Jamie. “Is it a lottery ticket?”, asked Jamie. “It’s a special lottery ticket”, smirked the old man, “now you can win any lottery you want and become rich” Jamie was shocked and thanked the old man.

Next morning Jamie thanked the old man again and went home. He was a lucky, rich guy now. He was happy at the idea of making a new start in his life, and a big smile was seen on his face. He knew the events of the day would change his life forever.

Последний измененный
ср, 09/13/2023 - 13:23
WRITING TASK 2023

LOST DREAM

-Oscar Wilde

As he got off the bus, Jamie looked around. There was not a soul and he began to feel a little worried. 

Jamie was a scrawny, shy and modest boy who studied physics at the nearest university but secretly loved only art. He had just moved to the big city to earn a living and still from time to time got lost. The city he had moved to was always filled with hustle and bustle, therefore, after arriving at his station from university on a bus, he was appalled and a little bit afraid of such silence. Nonetheless, he continued his journey home.

As Jamie was going down the street he could see his house, although he couldn't approach it. At the same time, Jamie was completely drained and frazzled because of the large amount of study in university that he wasn't even interested in.

All of a sudden, Jamie saw a strange lanky silhouette in the dark. He decided to come closer and study the silhouette. When Jamie came closer he understood one thing — it was his mother. A boy couldn't believe his eyes — his mother died when he was 14 and now she was standing in front of him. "Is it you..., mum?" asked Jamie. A woman replied, "Yes, my little Jamie, it is me. What are these books? You wanted to become an artist, didn't you?". Immediately he started to cry: after his mother's death no one didn't support his ambitions of becoming an artist, therefore, he abandoned his lifelong dream and studied physics that disliked mostly. 

Suddenly, Jamie heard an alarm and found himself in his bed. He understood his mother was just in a sleep but it played a huge impact on his life. Such kindness melted Jamie's heart, so, he threw away all physics books and switched his major to art to fulfil his dream, although it meant starting from scratch. He was happy at the idea of making a new start in his life, and a big smile was seen on his face. He knew the events of the day would change his life forever.

Последний измененный
чт, 09/14/2023 - 15:44
FATEFUL MEETING

Oscar Wilde

As he got off the bus, Jamie looked around. There was no one there and he began to feel a little worried. Noone looked as “a man with a dark-green hat”. The boy felt naive and fooled as never before. The disappointment was bitter because he had a real hunch this meeting would be fateful.

Last night Jamie found a strange letter in his mailbox. “Be at the Green-way bus station at 8 a.m. I want to present you the latest edition of “The true physics”. You will find me easily – a man in a dark-green hat. See you. P.F.” The boy had no idea what P.F. or green hat were supposed to mean, but the one thing he knew for sure was “The true physics”. The book he would be grateful to have as his own.

Jamie was a shy, conscious typical fourteen-year-old boy, who had a great interest in physics. Last few months he spent at city’s library reading and trying to soak all the scientific facts, which explained rules of this incomprehensible world. That’s why despite any sensible idea, he was now waiting for the stranger at the cold bus station.

It was his lucky day. After 10 minutes he really saw a man approaching him. Despite his thoughts, the man looked old, but friendly and really was wearing a green hat. However, something that made Jamie feeling over the moon was the book, because now he could start a real university course on favorite subject.

‘Hello, boy!’, the stranger started, ‘this book is hard to buy, but I gift this one to you. I see real potential in you and hope we’ll meet soon. Now I need to hurry’. He gifted him a book wrapped in vibrant red ribbon, said goodbye and left Jamie in shock and excitement.

A few years past, Jamie was a student of one of the best technical universities, studying a course on physics. Now he found out what P.F. meant: Professor Frant. The man gave him the book, that helped Jamie to start his career and pass all exams.  

But today he was happy at the idea of making a new start in his life, and a big smile was seen on his face. He knew the events of the day would change his life forever.

Последний измененный
чт, 09/14/2023 - 20:29
​​​​​​Charity begins with…

​​​​​​Charity begins with little things

-Oscar Wilde

As he got off the bus, Jamie looked around. There was no one there and he began to feel a little worried. His hometown was a dreary place in the middle of nowhere, and it looked even gloomier when it got dark. Still, Jamie was reluctant to go home. His tall, lean figure cast a long shadow on the pavement, and there was a depressed look in his blue eyes. The man reflected on his miserable situation. His business enterprises having failed, Jamie did not have a penny to his name. He was really down on his luck.

Jamie saw a short, plump figure cross the street and move in his direction. It was Sam, his one-time friend with whom he had fallen out years ago, a successful entrepreneur raking it in. He craved fame and recognition as a well-known philanthropist, but success and money went to his head, and he became conceited and condescending even with his own friends and family. Most of his ambitious plans of changing the world for the better were never put into action.

Suddenly he spotted Jamie. “Jamie Smith! Is that you?” He was shocked to see his one-time comrade, and noticed the crestfallen look on his face. A brief conversation followed, and Jamie, despite his distrust of Sam, told him about his misfortunes. Sam suddenly felt sorry for him. “Listen, Jamie, we should let bygones be bygones. So maybe you would like to work for my company?” Jamie looked at him skeptically at first, but then said, “I’m willing to give it a go.” 

So the men reconciled. Sam remembered that true kindness is being considerate to the people around you without expecting rewards. Jamie cheered up. He was happy at the idea of making a new start in his life, and a big smile was seen on his face. He knew the events of the day would change his life forever.

Последний измененный
чт, 09/14/2023 - 22:28
Writing task 2023

Social experiment              

Oscar Wilde

As he got off the bus, Jamie looked around. There was no one there and he began to feel a little worried. Jamie did not have much money, he did not have any friends or relatives in the city, and he did not really know what to do next. He slowly started walking to his hotel. Suddenly, Jamie noticed an old man begging for money. He had a cup in his hands and a sign saying, "I was robbed, and I need to get back home." Obviously, everyone knew it was a lie, so the man did not have much money. Jamie knew what it felt like to be like this man; he actually was like him not long ago, and maybe he will soon be like him again unless a miracle happens. Jamie was an orphan, and sometimes begging was the only way to make ends meet. The worst thing was that sometimes bad people forced him to do it, and he had to give them almost everything he got because if he did not, they would beat him. Jamie decided to give a dollar to this man, though he himself needed it as well. Jamie might not be able to buy another cheap pack of noodles, but unlike this man no one is going to punish him for not gaining enough money.

"Thank you, thank you." Mumbled the man.

A few minutes later, someone stopped Jamie. It was the poor man. He explained that it was a social experiment, and he wants to help those who helped him. Jamie could not believe it.

"But why did you help me?" asked the man

"I once was in your shoes, and I know how it feels."

The man promised to help Jamie find a job and gave him some money so that Jamie could start a new life. Finally, things started to get better for Jamie. He was happy at the idea of making a new start in his life, and a big smile was seen on his face. He knew the events of the day would change his life forever.

Последний измененный
чт, 09/14/2023 - 23:09
                            …

START A NEW LIFE

-Oscar Wilde

As he got off the bus, Jamie looked around. There was no one there and he began to feel a little worried about a new home. It was decision on a whim after such a long recovery from the best friend’s deaths. Jamie was just a guy with kind green eyes and long legs. He loved reading fictitious story with a good ending. However, he couldn’t recongnise himself after deaths. ‘What a whiner I am,’ he whispered in a lonely room. After all, he finally made up his mind to let it and move on.

So, Jamie moved in a new town, got into new university, started a new life. ‘Are you a new student? Hi, I am Mary, by the way,’ someone chirped next to Jamie. He was happily surprised that someone finally paid an attention. If you want, we can go for a walk after classes, meet me here at five,’ Mary exclaimed and went away. A few hours later, he came but Mary wasn’t there, he waited for forty minutes but she didn’t come. 

Jamie went to the library in order to calm down. As he read classic, Jamie notice one wise quotation by Oscar Wilde: ‘The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention,’. As he ended, Jamie noticed someone sit next to him. ‘I’m also in love with Oscar Wilde, don’t you want to go for a coffee?’ he asked as they were old friend.

From this time, Jamie and John became best friends, Jamie was finally on the clouds nine after the tragedy. He was happy at the idea of making a new start in his life, and a big smile was seen on his face. He knew the events of the day would change his life forever.

Последний измененный
пт, 09/15/2023 - 14:32
SAND AND PAINTThe smallest…

SAND AND PAINT

- Oscar Wilde

As he got off the bus, Jamie looked around. There was no one there and he began to feel a little worried…

Jamie was a traveling artist. He didn’t have a lot of money, so most of his trips were on a tight budget. But even with his thrifty attitude he couldn’t keep traveling without completely emptying his pockets. So he asked his sister if he could live with her for a month or two. The problem was that she, Stacy, lived in the middle of a desert, where no sane bus driver would take him.

She was supposed to meet him at the bus stop to pick him up, yet all he could see was sand, sand and more sand. His whole body ached at the thought of having to walk through all this on foot.

“Jesus, and after a four hour ride too…” he was thinking to himself. 

At that very moment, he heard a car noise from somewhere close. A second later, a small car stopped in front of him. At the driver seat was a young lady. Her hair was dark and curly, a red hat with a big brim was hiding her eyes from the sun. It was Stacy.

“Hop on, unless you wanna walk?” she called out to him.

“Yeah, I would very much like that. At least I wouldn’t have to look at your ugly face then,” he laughed, while getting in the car.

“Wow, and after I found you a side gig and all,” Stacy drove her car to her home.

“What side gig?”

“My friend needs someone to illustrate her book. A book series, actually. And she has enough money to pay for that too.”

Jamie almost cried at that very moment. He hasn't been doing well for some years now. All those months and months of starving and now…

“So, what do you say?” Stacy looked at him with a kind smile.

He was happy at the idea of making a new start in his life, and a big smile was seen on his face. He knew the events of the day would change his life forever.

Последний измененный
пт, 09/15/2023 - 15:38
A KIND LADYThe smallest act…

A KIND LADY

Oscar Wilde

As he got off the bus, Jamie looked around. There was no one there and he began to feel a little worried. Today was really important for him. He applied to his dream university and it was the day of his interview. Jamie has wanted to become a scientist ever since he was 7 years old. He worked really hard to achieve his goal. After graduating with straight As he passed all his exams with excellent results. It seemed like nothing could stop him. He had all the chances of getting into the university. The only thing standing in his way was the fact that Jamie was super shy and talking to people was his biggest fear. He knew that being smart was not enough to succeed in life, but all his attempts at having a normal conversation always failed.

Jamie walked through the front door of the university, shaking. He thought, “I’m so nervous I can’t even speak. I’m doomed.” Jamie was lost in thought when a young secretary said, “Jamie? Jamie Liu?” “Yes, that’s me”, he replied in a shaky voice. The woman felt bad for Jamie, so she made him a cup of tea. “Are you nervous?” she asked. “Yes, I’ve come this far, but I don’t think I can do this.” The woman was very kind to him and told him to stop worrying and believe in himself. That made Jamie feel a little easier and their conversation completely distracted him from his anxious thoughts, he even forgot he was nervous in the first place.

It was time for him to walk into the office where the interview was taking place. She opened the door and gave him a thumbs up. Jamie smiled at her, took a deep breath, and went straight to the desk. The kindness that this woman showed him was the reason Jamie passed the interview and got into the university. He was happy at the idea of making a new start in his life, and a big smile was seen on his face. He knew the events of the day would change his life forever.

Последний измененный
пт, 09/15/2023 - 16:38
Adulation.   The smallest…

Adulation.

- Oscar Wilde

As he got off the bus, Jamie looked around. There was no one there and he began to feel a little worried, biting his nails and scratching his ear lobes. The usual vernal wind felt rather dry and lukewarm, devoid of the usual floral scent that came with it. He looks around, to be greeted with a desolate bus stop and an eerily empty park, where his significant other was supposed to be.

Heavily sighing, he stomps to the park, full of premature worries. He catches himself in a reverie as he approaches a familiar bench: making himself comfortable, he ponders the scapes of his mind, trying his best to figure out the reason as to which he was called to this place.

An elegant, petite figure emerges in the distance. It was dressed in a chic manner, all stylish and intrepid. Before long, the figure drags Jamie out of his daydream and lands a vehement kiss on his lips, murmuring, "I've figured it out. I know how to solve your financial hardships."

Jamie, being the modest guy that he is, springs up and waves her words off, "I told you I'd find a job by dint of persistence, I don't want you to turn into a charity!" 

"This job, this exact position, will be perfect for you. I love you dearly and, wholeheartedly, wish you all the best, and, for this exact reason, I wanted to help you out. This will be better for us both."

Jamie stands there, completely awestruck by the kindness of his muse. He thinks of all the times his courtship went seemingly unnoticed, and now, it has all payed back without him even requesting. He was no longer jobless and all prospect of him being homeless was thrown out the window.

He accepts the offer without batting an eye. He was happy at the idea of making a new start in his life, and a big smile was seen on his face. He knew the events of the day would change his life forever.

Последний измененный
пт, 09/15/2023 - 16:54
UNEXPECTED OPPORTUNITY The…

UNEXPECTED OPPORTUNITY

Oscar Wilde

As he got off the bus, Jamie looked around. There was no one there and he began to feel a little worried... Jamie was invited to a BBQ party, but while he was commuting, the weather had turned bad. Furthermore, Toby, who was the host of the party, promised to meet Jamie at the bus stop, was nowhere to be seen.
     Jamie's phone rang. The thing is, Jamie is a clumsy person. In addition, he usually wears tight clothes, especially jeans, and the pockets are not suitable for having more than 2 things at once in them. So, when Jamie pulled the phone out, his wallet has fell into the sewer. Besides, Toby has sent him a message that said, "Hey, Jamie, as you can see,  the weather is abominable. The party is canceled. Sorry! See you later!"
     Jamie was in distress. He has been staying out in the rain for 15 minutes in a small neighborhood of dwelling-houses without any money. On top of that, he couldn't ask for money since there were no people at all.
     Suddenly, a man appeared from a distance. He was wearing black tuxedo and looked like a decent businessman. Jamie fluttered with joy. He approached him and asked some pennies to buy a ticket. A man replied, "It's okay, I can drive you to your place. Do you live nearby?" Jamie has told him where he lives, and they left.
    It turned out that the they had much in common. Furthermore, a man owned a successful business. He even invited Jamie to work at his company since the company was in desperate need of a specialist like Jamie. He was happy at the idea of making a new start in his life, and a big smile was seen on his face. He knew the events of the day would change his life forever.

Последний измененный
пт, 09/15/2023 - 16:57
ASPIRING WRITER  The…

ASPIRING WRITER

Oscar Wilde

As he got off the bus, Jamie looked around. There was no one there and he began to feel a little worried.. 

“It’s already noon but the publisher still is not here.” wondered Jamie, the young fair-haired man. After an hour of waiting Jamie  decided to wander through the streets of Petersburg. He was consumed by thoughts about being miserable again as he had spent all his money on the ticket there. The publisher which was expected by Jamie was his last hope due to the fact  that he was the only one who agreed to take and publish his novels. However now all this was gone and Jamie was in despair. The weather was also ranging that day, so all the people were in a rush to come home as soon as possible so as to not fall prey to an imminent  disaster. Seeing all this hurry Jamie  felt indifferently . For him everything was already dead. 

“Blimey, what are you doing on the streets  in such abominable weather? You’d better go home!” an  old man  in a frock coat shouted to Jamie. 

“I’ve come to this city for the first time in my life. To be frank,  I permit nature to take its own course as I have nothing to lose .” Jamie uttered.

“Follow me.”  the old man, whose name was Orson, murmured.

While Jamie went with the old man to his house, the strong wind was getting more powerful and almost blew the roofs of the buildings.
When they were at home, the old name said, “You’re so young but why are you so reckless with your own life?” The fellow narrated his story and Orson exclaimed, “I possess my own publishing house and I work with aspiring writers, so let me give a look at your writings.”

No sooner had Orson finished reading than Jamie was showered with praise. They signed a contract and Jamie left his house. He was happy at the idea of making a new start in his life, and a big smile was seen on his face. He knew the events of the day would change his life forever.

Последний измененный
пт, 09/15/2023 - 21:17
the importance of kindness.

The smallest acts of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.
Oscar Wilde

the importance of kindness.

As he got off the bus, Jamie looked around. There was no one there ande he began to feel a little worried...

He called his friend, with whom they were supposed to meet at the university to apply, the friend to hurry up, because they would not have time to enroll in university. Jamie dreams of going to university from the 8th grade, he did not want to miss this opportunity and hurried. After walking a few blocks, Jamie saw two people from afar, he noticed that it was a man is trying to steal a bag from an elderly woman. Jamie hit the thief, taking the bag. He smiled back and headed to the subway. The character struggled to get to the registration, clutching the documents tightly in his hands. Jamie's phone is bursting with calls from a friend, he answers the call and hears: "Where are you?". Tears come to Jamie's eyes, this kind young man of small stature and slim build runs to the subway. Then he shows up at the university and sees that his friend is talking to a woman who seems very familiar to him. A friend introduces Jamie to a woman saying that this is the head of the admissions committee. The woman recognizes Jamie and says, "Oh, you're the young man who helped me, are you also applying to our university? He answers: "I wanted to, but I didn't have time, it's too late." The woman dialed some number on the phone and after talking for a couple of minutes said: "We need such kind and polite people, come tomorrow to submit documents and we will review them." Jamie thanked the woman loudly.

He was happy at the idea of making a new start in his life, and a big smile was seen on his face. He knew the events of the day would change his life forever.

Последний измененный
пт, 09/15/2023 - 22:05
A heavy suitcase

A heavy suitcase

Oscar Wilde

As he got off the bus, Jamie looked around. There was no one there and he began to feel a little worried. It was sunny august day in Paris. Jamie was a skilful, ambitious young artist and arrived to Paris to apply to the academy of arts.  His arts were amazing and sophisticated, so he had all chances to study there.

When got off the bus, he suddenly saw an old woman trying to carry a heavy suitcase. It was obviously hard for her. “Sorry, may I help you?”- he asked friendly. Old woman turned out to be very kind and thankful. “Thank you! It was too heavy for me. What are you plans here?” she asked. Jamie told her everything about the academy and showed some of his arts. He told her that it was his childhood dream to become an artist.

When Jamie almost got to the academy, he found out that some of his arts disappeared. He remembered that he forgot them on the street where the old woman lived! Unfortunately, he didn’t have enough time to go back because the exam was starting in ten minutes. He could only bring a small part of his drawings. Jamie was stunned and upset.

When he came to the commission, he saw that old woman among others professors. When he told everything about hid problem, she suddenly said, “I took a few photos of his lost arts. They are all beautiful, and I think this determined and talented artist must become our student.”

Finally, other professors agreed with the old woman, and Jamie passed the exam. He was happy at the idea of making a new start in his life, and a big smile was seen on his face. He knew the events of the day would change his life forever.

Последний измененный
пт, 09/15/2023 - 22:04
The smallest act of kindness…

The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention. Oscar Wilde

The desperate determination 
As he got off the bus, Jamie looked around. There was no one there and he began to feel a little worried. Frankly speaking, his disquitude was not unreasonable - after all, he had just stolen a wallet from an old lady in the bus. Altough originally coming from a very indigent family, Jamie was an ambitious young man who has been daydreaming about getting into college since he was eight. Spending year after year buried in books, he was doing everything he could to prepare himself for the exam. The participation in the exam itself, however, was not cheap, and Jamie could not give up on his dream so easily. His family was currently not even able to support him financially due to his mother's ailment, so he resolved on the most radical way - larceny.
Suddenly, Jamie winced as he heared a dejected voice crying near him.
"Ohh, I should have been more observant...Now I won't be able to pay my husband's debts, as this wallet consisted all of my savings..." - cried an old lady  whose wallet Jamie stole. He didn't notice her coming out of the bus at the same stop as he.
Despite the fact of Jamie's today's pickpocketing, he was a benevolent soul that could never leave one in need and has never letted his avarice to overpower him. He sighted doomed before extending a wallet to the lady.
"Here. It fell out while you were getting out of the bus." - he said in his amiable voice and grabbed woman's bags that appeared to be way too heavy for an elder.
"I'll help you with those. Where were you heading?"...

Jamie could not help but shiver in astonishment, when the final destination of the ladie appeared to be the colledge he was the exact college he had already lost hope to get in.
"I saw some pretty advanced physics books in your bag while we were in the bus. I am the main examiner here, so I thought that you may try and take part in today's acceptance exam. You seem like a person with a great potential and absence of money to unlock it, so I'll make an exception for you today. What do you say?" - Jamie was too stunned to respond. He smiled happily, as he was happy with the idea of making a new start in his life, and a big smile was seen on his face. He knew the events of the day would change his life forever.

Последний измененный
пт, 09/15/2023 - 22:09
CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME

CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME 

Oscar Wilde

As he got off the bus, Jamie looked around. There was no one there and he began to feel a little worried...

Jamie was supposed to meet with his friend and discuss something. However, there was no one on the street. It was empty, although the weather was good. The sun was shining so brightly that it seemed to Jamie a good omen. Beautiful flowers pleased the hero's eyes. Jamie is a kind person who always takes care of his loved ones and solves conflicts peacefully. However, it seems to him he lacks the ambition to achieve his goals. His friend appeared unexpectedly and said, ‘We have to go to Brazil and help children in need’. ‘What do these children need?’ ‘In clothes and moral support’. ‘Maybe we can send them a letter with touching words, as well as the clothes?’ ‘We need self-sacrifice’, said Richard. Jamie was hesitant about a Richard's offer. Realizing that it is better to save money and give them to local poor people. ‘Also, tomorrow morning, a bus with volunteers will go to Vermont. There is a shelter with animals. Are you in?’, Richard insisted. ‘Don’t spread yourself too thin. There are a lot of people and animals in our state who need help. Let's settle things here first’, said Jamie. Suddenly, they heard a sharp sound. Without thinking, Jamie ran to where the sound was coming from and saw a girl who had fallen off her bike. He helped her up and asked if everything was okay. Fortunately, the girl did not hurt herself, and she left, giving him some paper. At this time, Richard went somewhere. Undoubtedly, he decided not to take responsibility. Jamie was upset that his friend did this, but then he remembered the piece of paper in his hand. It said ‘Recruitment of volunteers for cycling competitions’. At the same moment, Jamie called the specified number and signed up as a volunteer.

Последний измененный
пт, 09/15/2023 - 23:01
Keep calm and go get a…

KEEP CALM AND GO GET A COFFEE

Oscar Wilde

As he got off the bus, Jamie looked around. There was no one there and he began to feel a little worried. It was a novel experience for him to travel to another city all on his own. Jamie was quite a reserved and taciturn individual, so socializing was anxiety-inducing. But the prospect of entering one of the best universities in the country made him agog with hopes for his future.

Full of life-affirming thoughts, Jamie lifted his bags. But, having gotten to the campus, Jamie felt out of place, as it was eerily empty inside. The lights were out in the hall, and the atmosphere was uneasy. He went upstairs into his room, where he saw his roommate. "HI! I'm sorry, but it seems so weird; there was nobody at the entrance or on the first floor to welcome me." Jamie asked. "Nobody is under obligation to meet new students there; we have serious stuff going on in our lives."Chill out, man!" was all he heard.

Feeling low-spirited, Jamie decided to go out to a coffee shop. When he got there, he saw an aged man in a black suit actively searching for something in his briefcase. "Is there anything I could help you with?" Jamie asked politely. "Oh, son, it seems I forgot my wallet at home. What a misfortune!" the man sighed. "Let me pay for you". "Oh, please, there's no need!" "It's nothing serious.". Jamie paid for the man's coffee and sat down with him at one of the tables.

"I'm so thankful for your kind act. If you're a student here, I'd be delighted to assist you as a dean of the social sciences faculty". "It's my faculty! I'd be so grateful!". The conversation flowed as both men were very enthusiastic about their fields of study and shared their personal experiments.

A few hours later, Jamie headed back to the campus, feeling much less lonely. He was happy at the idea of making a new start in his life, and a big smile was seen on his face. He knew the events of the day would change his life forever. 

Последний измененный
сб, 09/16/2023 - 11:59
SHEER BLISS OF HELP  The…

SHEER BLISS OF HELP 

Oscar Wilde

As he got off the bus, Jamie looked around. There was no one there and he began to feel a little worried...Jamie had arranged a visit with his schoolmates to the grand, nay majestic, mayor's Jubilee party. It was a golden opportunity for the lad to show off his knowledge in front of the cream of the crop and eventually receive the longed-for scholarship for his research. To cut a long story short, Jamie couldn’t let the chance slip through his fingers. 

Jamie's attempts were to no avail: everyone seemed to have vanished into thin air. Nonetheless, suddenly appeared a girl in filthy garments, who was continuously sobbing.

"What happened to you?" asked Jamie the poor thing, though no answer followed. The girl simply broke into tears, muttering the only word "mom". 

"Did you lose your mom somewhere?" perplexingly inquired the fellow. The child nodded indecisively. On the spur of the moment, Jamie lifted up the child who seemingly subsided and gently walked to look for her mother. No matter how many phone calls Jamie received, he did care less at that very moment: he was devastated that such a poor little thing had lost her mother. 

The girl stopped hesitating and started explaining, particularly describing to him in which flat she lived and how it supposedly looked. Jamie ended up finding it only in the very evening. However, when the girl finally saw her beloved mom, she ran to hug her as fast as possible. The mother raised her eyes, and Jamie saw the gleaming light of gratefulness. 

The lad was more than delighted. He was happy at the idea of making a new start in his life, and a big smile was seen on his face. He knew the events of the day would change his life forever. 

Последний измененный
сб, 09/16/2023 - 04:43